Click on image to go to my website:- www.ruthedixon.co.uk

Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Dasein: being there

I LOVE poetry. I love it because it's the part of my life where I can completely focus on the moment and absorb myself in a passion which fires my mind. It takes me to places I've never been before. As for performance, well it's the icing on the cake; the dream come true; the dog's bollocks.

It's got to a point, for the time being at least, where I'm writing on instinct. For me, it's like letting the thoughts hit the page without first grasping them on a conscious level. I find this really creative because it means I am free and so anything can happen. And so it does; particularly now Pete has joined me with the music.

"Dasein" is a poem we collaborated on and we love performing to ourselves in our little back room in North Lincolnshire when the children are in bed. I sometimes even stick on my one-legged costume for maximum effect.

Whatever turns you on....


New E.P. coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment