Click on image to go to my website:- www.ruthedixon.co.uk

Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Stuff Wot I Did This Summer; in no particular order...

I queued up for the David Bowie Exhibition at the V&A and GOT IN!   

I listened to King Krule's new album, 6 Feet Beneath The Moon, and read some good books including "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. I'm currently reading Julian Cope's biography - what a nutter.

I was gobsmacked on the Hull to Rotterdam ferry when I actually understood someone ask me in german where the lift was coz they wanted to get to Deck 9. Unfortunately I hadn't got a clue where it was.

We continued to forget our dog's addiction to shoe-chewing. This resulted in several trips to "Wynsors World Of Shoes" to purchase replacements. 

I gave up my current role and will soon begin a new job in the Fostering and Adoption Team. I had a lovely leaving do at a pub in Scunthorpe where we ate pie, chips and gravy.

Frank introduced me to lots of naughtily funny stuff on You Tube including "Smack Cam" and It Wasn't Me.

We attempted to play "proper" family games like Scrabble but time seemed to stand so still, we lost the will to live. So we returned to our silly made up games instead; "Lava" being a new one this summer.

I turned 40 and celebrated with a cocktail or two in my back garden whilst dancing the night away. The kids thundered down a huge bouncy slide so they were well happy.

Frank and Connie realised that "Scunthorpe" was written on their passports as their place of birth. When Pete started apologising to them they asked what the problem was? God love them.

My daughter, Connie, got all trendy. Meanwhile I refused to have head shots taken of me (on account of my age)....


....unless I wore dark glasses. I'm not saying I'm vain (much); it's just that being 40 takes some getting used to - not helped by the fact that Frank and Connie now genuinely think I'm "soooo old".


I spent a lot of time waiting for children (refer to above) as they played. It's a Mum thing. I'm probably thinking here:- "When can I get back to my Julian Cope book and his next crazy LSD-fuelled gig?".

I learned that Julian Cope invented a game called "Sock" whilst touring America. It involved putting a sock on your head then climbing out of the van window (whilst the van is in motion); hauling yourself over the roof and arriving back through the opposite window. As I say, nutter.

Pete and I wrote a couple of new poems with music and promised we'd come up with a third before school starts. We have but hours left.

I got my eyebrows tinted by, it turns out, "the trainee" and she left the dye on too long. Ginger hair and black eyebrows is some look I can tell you.

We visited the lovely Dutch university town of "Leiden". Unfortunately we couldn't carry the street art home; much as we tried.

Finally, I discovered that it's not always black and white:- I've previously been firmly in the Anti-Camping camp. The reason being that Camping and Vaginas Do Not Blend. However, there is a middle ground:- the wonderful world of Glamping!
Summer 2013:- DONE

No comments:

Post a Comment